Las Patronas funds grant requests for critically needed capital items to qualified nonprofit applicants. Our beneficiaries come to us from across San Diego County, and span every area of service to the community.
Every dollar given to Las Patronas impacts our community on a very personal level. By funding grants for critically needed capital items, we help fill a niche in the philanthropic community that otherwise may be overlooked, as many grant-making organizations will fund programs but not the tools needed to run those programs. Las Patronas funds these capital items with an eye to helping our valued San Diego nonprofits manage themselves more efficiently, creating a more sustainable future and ensuring that your contribution will be used by people right here in San Diego for years to come. Our beneficiaries are chosen from a large pool of applicants and are evaluated on the basis of their strength of mission, service to the people of San Diego, breadth of influence in the community, and fiscal responsibility. Qualified applicants must also be interviewed on site by a Las Patronas grant team before they can be considered for funding.
As you look over the list of our recent beneficiaries, you’ll see that we have chosen nonprofits that cover a very wide range of services. During the last year alone, your donations funded 45 Las Patronas grants. Here are just a few examples of what your support has meant:
- An 18 foot stake-bed truck for community assistance work programs for The Alpha Project for the Homeless
- Touch Table System for emergency command center disaster response for The American Red Cross-San Diego/Imperial Counties
- An SUV for low-income student after-school enrichment programs for The Greater San Diego After-School All-Stars
- A hybrid SUV for science outreach programs for The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- A Meal Delivery Van for Senior Nutrition Program for Senior Community Centers
- A hybrid SUV for Zoo Express Therapy Outreach Program for The Zoological Society of San Diego
And there are so many more representing the arts, culture, music, health, youth and senior services, education, animals, the environment, medical research, the homeless – in short, services that affect us all.
Las Patronas is committed to providing financial assistance to nonprofit organizations in San Diego County that provide valuable community services in the areas of health, education, social services, and cultural arts, and to continuing our tradition of service to enhance the quality of life in our community.
The Elizabeth Hospice
San Diego Justice Foundation
Jewish Family Service
Kids Included Together
South Bay Community Services, Inc.
St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center