The Grant Submission ProcessThere are two grant cycles each year, Fall and Spring. The Fall grant cycle funds major grants ( > $20,000 ) and minor grants ( ≤ $20,000). The Fall deadline is generally in the early in the first week of September. The Spring grant cycle funds only minor grants, and generally has a deadline in early January.
GuidelinesLas Patronas funds only capital items to organizations located in San Diego. For a complete description of the grant proposal guidelines, please read the detailed description.
- Read the Guidelines to verify that your needs match our criteria.
- Save the Application Form to your computer. Fill out in Adobe Reader.
- Download the form to your computer.
- Open the file in a current version of Adobe Reader or Preview.
**The completed form cannot be saved if it is opened in a web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.)
- Complete the form.
- Save and rename according to the guidelines.
- Gather supporting materials and assemble into one merged PDF file. Merging PDF files.
- You will need your organization's most recent Form-990. Instead of scanning a paper copy, you can download a pdf of the filing at this website.
- Name your two PDF files according to the conventions described on the application form.
- Submit the proposal.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email after submittal, please contact email@example.com.
- The deadline for the Fall 2017 cycle is September 1, 2017.
- Major grant recipients selected in the Fall cycle will receive funds 16 months after the proposal deadline.
- Recipients of minor grants (≤ $20,000) will receive funds for their grant in December (fall cycle) or April (spring cycle), depending on the grants cycle.